Orbx has today posted some previews showing off Version 2 of their popular scenery for KSAN San Diego Airport!
On Wednesday last week, Orbx announced the development of V2 which will be a free upgrade for all existing customers. Orbx developer, Matteo Veneziani said: “I’m very happy to announce my new project which I’ve been working on since Gold Coast Intl was launched. I’ve put all of myself to give to you a much-improved version of KSAN. Using the latest optimization techniques this version is almost 100% new compared to the KSAN you are all currently flying. Performance increases, plenty of new details and a few new major features are all part of the update.”
He continued: “We’ve re-worked almost every 3D component of the airport, extensive optimisation and consolidation, whilst at the same time adding more detail. Our testing team have all shown big performance improvements across the board, with a few testers even showing double the performance when used with Orbx FTX Global!”
- Massive optimization efforts to greatly improve performance
- New animated jetways! (CTRL-J)
- Far more terminal detailing (P3D only)
- New modelled interiors for main terminals (P3D only)
- Totally replaced static aircraft – new types unique to KSAN
- Updated ground poly (with new textures),
- New ground imagery (higher quality, better colors and blending)
- Updated and revised GSE placement and types
- Added lite versions of surrounding airports: KMYF, KNRS, KNZY, KSDM, KSEE
- Major updates to POI and downtown textures
- Improved autogen
- Improved clutter and details
- Dynamic lighting (P3Dv4 only)
- Compatible with FTX GLOBAL, openLC North America or Southern California
- For Microsoft Flight Simulator X and Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v1-4
Since the announcement, Orbx’s screenshot artist, Iain Emms has got his hands on the scenery, this means that the release isn’t too far off.
Below are the images released during the announcement; along with them are the ones released by Orbx’s screenshot artist, Iain Emms today.
For more information click here