Homer Airport is sandwiched between the town and the spit. With regular regional flights to Anchorage and a handful of local operators the airport serves as a gateway to many of the isolated communities across Kachemak Bay.
The airport is built on a plateau and features approaches over open water and cliffs, and the view is spectacular! In addition to the main airport, Beluga Lake Seaplane Base (5BL) is also depicted for floatplane operations
Both airports are tuned for AI operations and feature some very colorful and interesting static aircraft. This latest airport by Alex Goff is a must have base of operations for exploration of Southern Alaska.
This latest work by Alex Goff includes many features such as PeopleFlow,ObjectFlow and TextureFlow. Here’s a full list of the notable ones:
- Highly detailed rendition of PAHO Homer Airport and 5BL Beluga Lake Seaplane Base
- 50cm photoreal coverage of the airport, town, and spit
- Custom static aircraft types including an Era (Ravn) Alaska Dash 8, Bald Mountain Air DHC-6, Beluga Air DHC-2, and new custom Piper Cub models
- Detailed interior model of the terminal
- Ambient occlusion baking and other advanced rendering techniques
- APX file tuned for AI operations including floatplane operations
- Many VFR points of interest in the town and on the spit
- PeopleFlow, ObjectFlow, TextureFlow
- By Alex Goff
One thing to note with this airport is that it is an ORBX FTX airport and as such a copy of FTX: NA Blue Southern Alaska
should be installed prior to the use of this product.
For more information and to purchase this great looking airport click here