Orbx introduces us to a new scenery project for KSBA Santa Barbara Municipal Airport for FSX and P3D!
In a post to the Orbx forums, developer, Misha Cajic said: “After far too long, I am very proud to finally (re)introduce to you all my absolute largest project to date, KSBA Santa Barbara Municipal Airport for P3D and FSX!”
He continued: “I’ve taken the last few months during my travels and student exchange in the United States to complete this incredibly scenic and unique destination just up the coast from Los Angeles in FTX Southern California. It is surrounded on all sides by beautiful approaches, with the beach and shore immediately to the south, and the mountains to the north posing a bit of an challenge.
The unique architectural style of the terminal really makes this airport pop, as you will see below, with various artwork and designs all faithfully recreated in this addon. KSBA is a short flight from other Orbx airports like L70 Agua Dulce and KPSP Palm Springs, as well as a short airliner flight down the coast from KSTS Sonoma County and KTVL Lake Tahoe further inland.
KSBA is served by 5 airlines on a regular basis by CRJ’s, 737’s, A320’s and more, and is the perfect combination of airline and GA destination. With its main 6000ft runway and two 4200ft GA runways, this airport caters to pretty much whatever your favourite type of flying is. As usual, I’ve spend a long time tweaking the performance and making sure that it runs with as little impact as possible, so everyone can have a great experience no matter what they fly.
Aside from the high detail airport, I have also included a HUGE area of 500sq km of fully annotated and detailed scenery around the airport, covering the entire city of Santa Barbara, Goleta, and the stunning mountain range that can be seen from the airport and city. You certainly won’t run out of things to explore here! Stay tuned for updates over the next week on this – it’s very close to complete.”
- Ultra-detailed rendition of KSBA Santa Barbara Municipal Airport
- HUGE 500km2 coverage area at 30cm/60cm /1m
- Beautiful rendition of the terminal, including interior modelling for maximum depth
- Additional “lite” landing area – 0CA3 Crawford Airport
- Custom vegetation and trees native to area
- Advanced rendering, ambient occlusion and night-lighting methods used for maximum realism
- Plenty of VFR landmarks and POIs to explore including schools, shops, factories, custom bridges and others.
- Full suite of ObjectFlow, PeopleFlow2, TextureFlow and more included
- Extensive control panel with options for alternative APX/AI configurations
- Strongly optimized for good performance with complex aircraft types
- Designed to blend seamlessly with FTX NA Southern California in both P3D and FSX/FSX:SE – can also be used with FTX Global Base only, but might have a few small anomalies
For more information click here