After months of being teased with screenshots of the Alpha, Orbx has today finally officially introduced us to the first of their next generation of regional products.
In a post to the Orbx forums, Developer, Jarrad Marshall said: “The team are very proud to officially present the first of our next generation of region products; ORBX Netherlands TrueEarth! This is a game-changing product for the team; for the first time we are combining the full suite of features from our FTX Region sceneries, with a completely photoreal terrain base, a feature previously limited to our airports.
According to the development team, Orbx EU Netherlands TrueEarth is far from just a normal photoreal scenery it has “comprehensive (and complete) building and vegetation placements, thousands of hand-placed landmarks and POI, complete seasonal and night variations, integrated GIS components and hand-edited textures only scratch the surface of the complete feature list. Ground-breaking technology has gone into bringing you the most detailed and accurate terrain product ever seen in a flight sim to date; we are very excited at what this product represents.”
Orbx has said the pricing for the TrueEarth package will mirror that of their existing regions so Netherlands will be released for AUD$54.95 (~USD$42 / £30 / €34 ).
“As always, we don’t give any release dates. The team are working extremely hard in the background; we look forward to sharing more info with you over the coming weeks. Most importantly for you guys, Emmsie and JL will be posting even more shots later in the week… but in the mean time, enjoy!”
- The entirety of Netherlands depicted in complete detail!
- 85,000km2 of photoreal terrain at 1m resolution (nb the same resolution as traditional landclass textures)
- Complete seasonal variation: 5 hand-coloured seasons!
- Full 3D night lighting and night ground textures
- 43 updated airports, including 18 not found in the default scenery.
- CityScene building technology for all major cities, towns, villages and urban areas. CityScene tech improves on traditional autogen by adding unusual footprints, higher detail (roof details etc) and better long-range visibility
- Incredibly dense autogen vegetation. Far superior to automated OSM technology, our agn is compiled from multiple data sets, and hand-edited to ensure maximum fidelity, accuracy and density.
- Beautifully edited terrain textures – colourised, edited, cleaned up. Blemishes such as cloud cover, water sun glare, seamlines, discolouration and some vehicle footprints have been removed. Colour palettes have been edited to match ORBX Global texture sets.
- Custom-painted rural variations, including tulip fields during spring
- Ultra HD mesh at 5m resolution. Netherlands may be flat, but incredible details such as tailings dumps, sand dunes and even highway overpass ramps are visible
- Accurate road, waterway, bridges, transmission line and other vector/GIS components. Road AI traffic also included to regular Region standards
- Beautiful custom building textures for all autogen buildings
- Hundreds of custom landmarks and POI
- Traditional Dutch windmills
- Major churches and cathederals custom modelled
- Custom models for all major TV and radio masts
- Many major bridges custom designed
- Custom ship models unique to Netherlands
- Thousands of hand-placed wind turbines, refineries, harbours and other library objects
- Hand-edited and colourised water textures, including complete watermasking
- Fully compatible with neighboring regions (GES, GEN), ORBX Global and OpenLC Europe
- Netherlands will launch for AUD$54.95 (~USD$42 / £30 / €34 )
For more information click here