Orbx have today announce the development of a new scenery package for their FTX Southern California scenery!
“At the base of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Kern Valley is a small airport with a big view. With on-site camping and cafe, it is the perfect destination for a quick $100 hamburger or weekend away. If pavement is not your preferred landing surface, Lake Isabella is a fantastic base for float flying.
You could even try and put it down in the river running beside the airport! Kern Valley’s 3,500ft runway will hold up to PC-12/B350 sized aircraft, which is a fantastic challenge approaching from the north where the surrounding peaks up to 6,500ft. ”
The scenery features high resolution buildings, over 70 custom models built from photos of the real aerodrome and sharp 5m Mesh making the mountains pop!
The developer for this scenery package is Jordan Gough; along with his announcement on the Orbx forums came a set of previews! For more information click here
- 250 square kilometers of 80cm photoreal imagery
- 30 square kilometers of 30cm high resolution imagery
- High resolution buildings
- Mountainous terrain with peaks up to 6,500ft only miles from the airport
- Over 70 custom models built from photos of the real aerodrome
- Sharp 5m Mesh making the mountains pop