Earlier today it was announced that Orbx’s KVUO Pearson Field, developed by Bill Womack, is coming to X-Plane!
In a post to the Orbx forums, Community Manager, Aimee Sanjari said: “You’ve asked for it, so we’ve done it – from scenery legend Bill Womack, we are excited to announce KVUO Pearson Field for X-Plane!”
“Among all the small Pacific Northwest airports that are loaded with character, Pearson Field stands out. For one thing, it predates them all; KVUO is officially the oldest continuously operating airport in the region, and one of the two oldest operational fields in the USA. Even before the dawn of aviation the site was a hub of activity, as evidenced by the 19th-century Hudson’s Bay Company fort and trading post just off the threshold of runway 8.
So far, the tiny airport has hosted the first crossing of the Columbia River by airship in 1905, been a stopover on the US Army’s first round-the-world flight, and made Russian aviation history as the landing spot for the Chkalov Trans-Polar Flight in 1937.”
- 12 square miles of photo terrain around KVUO, including Hayden Island, Oregon and downtown Vancouver, Washington
- Detailed reproduction of downtown Vancouver
- Detailed modeling based on hundreds of reference photos
- Airport ground polys utilizing XP11 PBR materials
- Static aircraft commonly seen on the ramp
- Detailed & accurate buildings in the region of the airport, especially on approach paths
- All models optimized for high performance
Upon release, KVUO Pearson Field for X-Plane will be available to purchase from OrbxDirect for AUD $32.95 (approx. USD $24.35 / €21 / £18.60 )
Good news for existing customers because if you already own KVUO for FSX/P3D, you get a 40% discount on the X-Plane version!
For more information click here