Flight simulator scenery giant Orbx has released its latest scenery package, this time for the region of Honolulu!
A post on the forums by Orbx developer, Ed Correia read: “Covering the entire Hawaiian island of Oahu, Cityscape Honolulu brings to life this stunning tropical location with impeccable quality. From the postcard locations of Diamond Head and Waikiki, to history-laden Pearl Harbor and Ford Island; from bustling Downtown to suburban Pearl City, the entire Honolulu metro area is modeled in unparalleled custom detail.”
The scenery features 23,000 unique custom buildings with exact footprint and height data, combined with 90,000 custom-placed buildings.
Additionally, Stunning night lighting, including dynamic and 3D lighting for best visuals and performance are included too.
- A complete Cityscape and Mini-Region covering Honolulu and the entire island of Oahu
- Ultra-HD photorealistic depiction of Honolulu, Waikiki, Pearl Harbor and Pearl City
- All eight Oahu airports have been upgraded from default to “region standard” – much like you see in AUv2, GES/GEN, etc.
- Mixture of photoreal and custom landclass textures for best balance between realism, performance and download/disk usage.
- High-quality mesh, based on high-resolution LIDAR, including underwater bathymetry
- Complete replacement of all geodata for Oahu for a much more detailed and accurate landscape; shorelines, lakes, road/rail, traffic etc.
- 23,000 unique custom buildings with exact footprint and height data, combined with 90,000 custom-placed agn buildings
- Over 60 high-detail POIs, most with complete PBR texturing
- Detailed depiction of Pearl Harbor with all museums and relevant historical sites
- Visit the USS Missouri, USS Bowfin and USS Arizona Memorial
- Numerous helipad locations, including on custom US Navy ships in harbor.
- Exceptionally detailed hand-placed vegetation using local flora types
- All vertical obstructions on the island; wind turbines, antennae, power grid towers, chimneys etc
- Stunning night lighting, including dynamic and 3D lighting for best visuals and performance
- Exhaustively optimized for best performance using unique modelling and texturing techniques.
- >1500 sq km of stunning tropical terrain
- Created by powerhouse developers Frank Schnibben and Holger Sandmann, with additional help from Chris Clack and Gaya Simulations