Following hot on the heals of the release of the Southern region, Orbx has announced that the central region of their TrueEarth Great Britain product line is coming soon!
In a post to the Orbx forums, Community Manager, Aimee Sanjari said: “We are pleased to announce that the second installment of the TrueEarth Great Britain series for X-Plane 11 is coming soon: Great Britain Central!”
She continued: “TrueEarth GB Central covers a massive area of 59,383km2 of hand corrected imagery covering the entire central region as shown below in the coverage map. Of particular note are metropolitan areas such as Liverpool, Manchester, and Newcastle.
We have also faithfully recreated scenic areas such as the Lake District, the Peak District, Snowdonia National Park, the North Yorkshire Moors, and the North Wales Coast/Llandudno. If you like castles and cathedrals, then you’ll be excited about the hundreds of POIs, especially around Bangor, Caernarfon, Cumbria, Northumbria, and Yorkshire.”
- 37,000 square miles (59,383km2) of of hand corrected, crisp, color-matched aerial imagery
- New autogen technology developed specially for X-Plane 11, allowing thousands of realistic looking UK-themed houses to be placed at a realistic height with minimal impact on performance
- 72.5 million individually counted trees, ensuring maximum accuracy in forest areas
- Well over 4 million buildings at the correct height and location
- VFR landmarks such as masts, windfarms, churches, power-lines, and lighthouses are all accurately placed.
- Hundreds of custom-modelled 3D POIs
- Hand-placed and custom modelled landmarks placed throughout the scenery such as bridges, skyscrapers, castles, piers, and monuments – this is especially noticeable in city areas such as Liverpool, Manchester, and Newcastle.
- Sharp and detailed 10-meter mesh brings out stunning detail in natural features such as hills and beaches
- Superb watermasking along the entire coastline
- Accurate road and rail network blended into the aerial imagery with moving left-hand drive traffic.
- Control Panel option to use photoreal major roads/motorways or synthetic X-Plane ones.
- Summer season only with full night-lighting supported
TrueEarth GB Central will soon be available to purchase from OrbxDirect for AUD $54.95 (approx. USD $39.55 / €33.95 / £30.60)
For more information click here