Lockheed Martin are working on the release of the first update for 2015. It’s V2.5 for P3D!
This version has several rendering and performance updates, a few general platform updates, and a pretty substantial update to SimDirector, Prepar3D’s intelligent tutor, virtual instructor, and scenario generation tool.
General Platform Updates
- Fixed a crash that would occur if licensing check on startup failed
- Fixed a bug where thumbnail images for missions and aircraft were not matching up properly
- Renamed missions to reflect their content
- Restructured path configuration files
Rendering and Performance Updates
- Added post process for night vision that includes bloom
- Added a light scalar to camera so that NVG cameras can have a brighter scene
- Added a configuration option to the Prepar3D.cfg and Camera Definitions that allows cameras to share a single terrain view
- Added an option to specify whether or not a panel should write alpha when rendering into a texture
- Improved long range sensor capabilities by allowing plugins to set the scenery load origin for a camera independent of its location
There are hundreds of updates to this, so many that you would be here for ever if you read them all, if however you want to see them click on the link below.
SDK and SimConnect Updates
- Added ability to manipulate visual effects during runtime through the PDK interface
- Added ability to retrieve attach point data via SimConnect
- Updated documentation regarding supported pylons, objects, and their interactions
- Added scenery load origin settings to camera definitions and PDK development
For more information and a full list of the updates click here